REDUCING COST AND
COMPLEXITY IN OKLAHOMA
An operator was completing wells in the Anadarko Basin using a hybrid treatment schedule. In order to simplify operations, reduce costs and reduce logistics, ThinFrac MP one-solution friction reducer was deployed on three-well pad with 75 stages, and a two-well pad with 100 stages.
Reducing Cost and
Complexity in Oklahoma
An operator was completing wells in the Anadarko Basin in Oklahoma using a hybrid treatment schedule. The treatment began with a slickwater fluid system using a conventional friction reducer and moved to a 20lb linear gel with a high concentration of proppant at the middle of the process to completion. However, the operator decided to adapt the slickwater designs and utilize ThinFrac™ MP to simplify operations and reduce costs.
- ThinFrac MP was deployed on a three-well pad with 75 stages, and a two-well pad with 100 stages
- Each operation was pumped at 80 bpm
- The enhanced polymer was run at half the loading (0.5 gpt)
- Generated 3% and 6% savings in chemicals costs, respectively
- Reduced logistics for fewer chemicals on location and less transfer issues that can cause delays, screenouts or not pumping the stage as designed